Mayor Ron Huldai Ranks #2 Most Influential Person on Life in Israel
The Tel Aviv Foundation is proud to share that Chairman and Mayor, Ron Huldai, has been recognized as the #2 most influential person on life in Israel, after IDF Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi and before PM Benjamin Netanyahu and PM-candidate Benny Gantz (who shared third place), according to major Israeli news outlet, The Marker.
In fact, if it wasn’t for Israel’s paramount security needs, Mayor Huldai would have ranked #1 as the person with the most influence on daily life in Israel. He was recognized for his vision, leadership, ability to drive change despite national government hurdles, and his substantial achievements over the past 21 years, many of which started local but have impacted the nation. Specific achievements include:
- Tel Aviv’s economic prosperity, startup ecosystem, high international standing and attractiveness as a global tourist destination;
- Support for religious pluralism through the recent implementation of free public transport on Shabbat;
- Improved transport and micro-mobility options through bike and car sharing schemes and the extensive bike path network;
- Housing affordability measures;
- Focus on education, including for children from the asylum-seeker community;
- Support for the LGBT+ community.
Under the leadership of Mayor Huldai, Tel Aviv offers a high quality of life and presents a liberal and vibrant image of Israel to the rest of the world.
Click here for the full article is available in Hebrew.